Congratulations to Abe and Jim Torro, the grand-prize winners of the Search for the Oldest COATS Direct Drive Balancer Contest.
Congratulations to Abe and Jim Torro, the grand-prize winners of the Search for the Oldest COATS Direct Drive Balancer Contest. Their balancer was manufactured in July of 1981, and has been used daily for 30 years at Orange Auto Center. Abe and Jim have owned and operated Orange Auto Center since 1988. The shop serves residents of Orange, Calif., by offering customers everything from tire rotations and balances to major engine repairs.
to see a full listing of the contest winners.
COATS direct drive balancers use the motor's main shaft, not extra pulleys or belts that wear or slip. This superior system reaches balancing speed quickly, and then coasts during measurements. The result is a faster cycle time without component "noise" that can result in balancing errors. COATS direct drive balancers also eliminate the need to frequently calibrate, and reduce customer comebacks as a result of improperly balanced tires. And with the legendary reliability of COATS direct drive balancers; you’ll be able to deliver a vibration-free ride to your customers for years to come.
“Our machine was purchased in 1999. We use it every day, and it still works great.”
- Sharon Taylor, United Tire and Muffler, Kansas City, Mo.
“All of our machines are COATS because they make very good products.”
- Karen Lamm, Todd’s Tire Service, Sanford, N.C.
“I’ve had my COATS balancer for more than 20 years. The only thing I’ve replaced is the front control panel. Everything else has held up well throughout the years. It is performing just as well now as it did when I first bought it.”
- Steve Delpezzo, Eastview Service, White Plains, N.Y.
“I love this machine. It works great! I’ve had it for so long, and I can’t remember the last time I had a problem with it. Thank you!”
- Bernardo Franco, Kartech, Rye, N.Y.
“I have had my COATS balancer for more than 20 years. It has been through thick and thin. Other machines have come and gone, but this one has stayed true.”
- James Presto, J&J Presto’s S/C, Inc., North White Plains, N.Y.
“Our COATS balancer has been through three owners of a busy lube bay located in a convenience store over the last 11 years. It has always operated with great reliability, and continues to be an integral part of our shop’s business.”
- Neil Stananought, Cane Creek Station, Fletcher, N.C.
“I love my COATS balancer. I changed the panel so I could balance bigger wheels, and it works like a charm. Buying a COATS balancer was the best investment I have ever made. After 21 years I can say I got my money’s worth.”
- Jorge Rodriguez, Aimee Tire, Hialeah, Fla.
“It’s an easy machine to use. I haven’t had any comebacks with it. It’s old, but reliable.”
- Ralph Parente, Soundview Service Center, Mamaroneck, N.Y.
“Our COATS balancer is easy to use, and does an excellent job. It has cut comebacks down to nothing. We love it.”
- David Woody, Woody Tire Co., Inc., Lubbock, Texas
“We bought our balancer in the 80’s. It has been reliable and accurate, and was a very good investment for our business.”
- Kenny Williams, Williams Tire Company, Quitman, Ga.
“We choose COATS over all other balancers because they make the best product in the tire industry.”
- Anthony Phelps, White Tire, Hickory, N.C.
“When we bought this business 15 years ago, our direct drive balancer was already here. Since then, we have been using it every day, minus Sundays, for 15 years. It has allowed us to give our customers good, quality service that they need and deserve, without ever failing us. In a family business like ours, we need dependable, reliable equipment that we can count on every single day to keep up with us and our constant stream of customers. Our COATS direct drive balancer has done just that.”
- Dennis Mueller, Mueller’s Tire Service, Inc., Sainte Genevieve, Mo.
“My dad took over the business 18 years ago. He bought a COATS 1001 balancer then, and we still use it today. We have three 1001 balancers, to be exact, and we just bought a new COATS tire changer. COATS equipment is well-built, user-friendly and very dependable. COATS is number one in our shop."
- Brad Sosebee, Martin Tire Service, Mineral Bluff, Ga.
“We like our COATS direct drive because of its accuracy. We rarely have comebacks.”
- Gary Ends, Lexington Tire Pro, Lexington, N.C.
“The reason our shop chose COATS was because everyone we talked to said COATS was the best.”
- Julian Tarula, Julian’s Discount Tires, Azusa, Calif.
“We love the small footprint of our COATS balancer. It is quick to use and seems to never fail. COATS has always been our best choice for equipment, and still is the most reliable that we have found.”
- Steve Long, NorthPoint Tire and Automotive, LLC, Spokane, Wash.
“Reliable service. Easy to use. Excellent results.”
- Mark Bouge, Bouge’s Auto Service, Bellevue, Neb.
“Believe me when I say this, because I have used all of the brand-name balancers, and none compare to my COATS 1001.”
- Oliver Giorgi, Mobile Engineering, Glenside, Pa.
“COATS balancers are great for training new users. My balancer gets heavy use by inexperienced users (16-year-old high school students). It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.”
- Mike McCarthy, Nogales High School, La Puente, Calif.
“COATS balancers are a great value. My machine earns its keep and continues to perform year after year.”
- Enayt Babe, Titan Motors, Chantilly, Va.
“I’ve had a COATS balancer for many years, and it has been a great machine for my small shop. I chose COATS because of its great reputation.”
- James Linfield, Chelsea Tire, Chelsea, Mich.
“Our COATS balancer has been flawless. We chose COATS over [competitor] because our previous balancers required a lot of costly upkeep. We continually solve problems with our COATS balancer that other shops have found difficult.”
- Robert Earle, Magnolia Alignment Center, Riverside, Calif.
“We call our COATS balancer ‘old faithful.’ It still works like new.”
- Todd Amirhakimi, Charlie Bretz Tire Factory, Portland, Ore.